Though almost everyone there loved the haircut and came up to praise it, I still saw faults I would have liked to fix.
Furthermore, due to what I now believe was overstress and overstimulation from doing an 8-hour groom the day before the show, Rocky was irritable and growled at the first judge, disqualifying him from the morning show.
He did better in the afternoon, winning points for Parti-Colored class, but did not place in the group ring. (Neither did the solid-colored Standard Poodle, so I do suspect the judge was not a Poodle fan at all.) He also developed a limp at some point, which the second judge pointed out after the show.
But overall it was a learning experience. Next time, we will give him several days to cool off between the groom and the show. And he'll be kept from excessive rough excursions to prevent any muscle soreness again. And of course, hopefully his clip will be improved to show him off better.
Pics from the show:


I've planned a short session (2 weeks after the show date) to trim back the hair where I want it to be shorter. We'll probably give him one more groom in the middle, and then a final pre-show groom in early May, prior to our next 2 shows. Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment